Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

I'm going Industrial



I am so attracted to industrial decorating. The wonderful combination of wood and steel makes my heart go pitter patter. I've never lived in a home where I thought about decorating that way though. I always thought that if and when I ever buy an abandoned warehouse or some huge cool loft then I'll decorate industrial. Well I don't see that happening anytime soon and I've been seeing so many awesome industrial style pictures lately that I finally just said, screw it! I'm going Industrial! What's so great is that my husband and I can just build our own pieces and making them so much more personal.

Here are some inspirational pieces:

AT_August_005.jpg
I love this table! This is actually on a houseboat.

And this French Industrial coffee table. Love the drawers.

Ds Industrialcoffeetable

Plumbing_pipe_m1_rect540_rect540
Plumbing_pipe_022211-door1_rect540_rect540
I can totally make these!! I might not even need my husbands help. Ha ha ha!


I think my colorful Pyrex, Fire King, and Bauer would look amazing on this. I would also put this Tonka Jeep on it just because I love it.


It's hard to just pick a few pictures, there are so many! I'm going thrifting today looking for old wood or things made with old wood that I could repurpose and metal framed tables, beds, chairs, and pipes.





No comments:

Post a Comment